- 11/12 Jun 2013 - London Real Estate Forum
- 12 Jun 2013 - BLP sponsors RIBA London Building of the Year Award
- 11 Jun 2013 - Property & Construction Summer Reception
- 10 Jun 2013 - Property4Media Media Marketplace
- "UK is market leader in terms of the intellectual development & momentum behind BIM"
- Are you considering 'build to let'?
- Only half of commercial property professionals believe that the worst of the recession is over
- Funders' capital exposure on developments avoidable
- 5-7 Mar 2013 - Ecobuild, ExCel London
- Green Deal launch prompts mixed reviews (H&V News)
We hope you don’t need to make a claim under your insurance, but things can go wrong in any new building, commercial or residential, even after rigorous checking.
We are here to help and BLP will endeavour to assist you, as swiftly as possible. Whether that is commercial or residential insurance related.
What can you claim for?
Your defects insurance cover is in force for defects arising in the structural elements and in the weatherproofing and waterproofing envelope of the building.
Additionally, you may be covered for failure of other components in the remainder of the building: always look at your policy to see what you are covered for.
How do you decide what to do?
Many potential claims are easily addressed by carrying out some simple maintenance procedures such as: checking circuit breakers, bleeding radiators, clearing gutters and down pipes, changing washers and un-sticking ball valves.
Your defects insurance will respond to problems coming from defects during construction. Issues such as flooding, storm damage to roofs and windows, pipe work damaged through nailing or the inevitable broken window, will not be covered by your latent defects insurance.
Who do you contact?
Claims are handled by BLP on behalf of Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty AG, UK Branch.
To notify us of a claim you should call BLP on 020 7204 2424, quoting your policy reference number. You’ll be asked for a brief summary of the claim or circumstance, and you will then be sent a claim form.
When you’ve completed the claims form you should return it to: Claims Department, BLP, 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST.