- Swan Housing Group awarded BOPAS accreditation - Housebuilder & Developer
- Swan Housing Group awarded BOPAS accreditation
- 82% of UK adults support government plans for estate agent regulation - Inside Conveyancing
- Homeowner survey reveals 82% of adults support plans for estate agent regulation - PBC Today
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
- BLP Insurance joins forces with the Consumer Code for New Homes
- Modern Methods of Construction and new ‘players’ critical to solving UK housing shortages – Mortgage Solutions
- London's housing crisis: Is 'smart construction' the answer? Mortgage Finance Gazette
- Quality is key to build-to-rent housing impact - Inside Housing
- Banks offering alternatives to try and get millennials on the housing ladder - Property & Development magazine
BLP (Building LifePlans Ltd) provides housing warranty insurance and commercial development latent defects insurance underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE. We also offer life cycle assessments and durability design assessments for offsite construction. We have been providing construction insurance since 1999. We are owned by Thomas Miller, a world class insurance services business at the forefront of the insurance industry for over 125 years.
We are also a premier consultancy resource for “whole life cost” data and methodology in UK residential construction, and offer durability assessments for clients who need to fast-track the adoption of innovative systems.
Building LifePlans Ltd is registered in England, number 3871048. Registered Address: 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST. VAT Number 397 1681 10.
BLP acts as an underwriting agent of the UK Branch of Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (authorisation number 311894).
Standard & Poor’s (S&P), the worldwide insurance rating agency, has confirmed the Financial Strength Ratings (FSRs) of Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE as AA. In a construction market suffering the effects of a serious lack of funding, this is excellent news for developers looking to bring both residential and commercial schemes to market.
We believe it’s worth looking at things in a different way, and to offer a new approach that anticipates the future. We concern ourselves with things like high levels of responsive and personal service, professionalism and consistency in our actions, and a clear and straightforward proposition.
Our products are unique and speak for themselves, and we want their value for money to be transparent across the whole process. People speak of us as a “breath of fresh air” and, over time, we’re finding that more and more people are choosing the BLP way of doing things not just because it’s what they need, but because it’s also what they want.
The product is first party insurance in the proper sense, not a warranty, so with few exceptions, the current building owner or occupier gets the defect remedied without the time or hassle of looking around for a solution.