- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
- BLP Insurance joins forces with the Consumer Code for New Homes
- Modern Methods of Construction and new ‘players’ critical to solving UK housing shortages – Mortgage Solutions
- London's housing crisis: Is 'smart construction' the answer? Mortgage Finance Gazette
- Quality is key to build-to-rent housing impact - Inside Housing
- Banks offering alternatives to try and get millennials on the housing ladder - Property & Development magazine
- 'General Election result - where now for construction?' - PBC Today
- 'People giving up on dream of homeownership' - UK Construction Online
- Over 250,000 have given up on the dream of homeownership
- BLP now offers latent defects insurance in the Republic of Ireland
Authorisation and security
BLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA); our Firm reference number is 311894. You can view our entry on the Financial Services register by using this number or our Firm name (Building LifePlans). Go to the Financial Services register.
Mortgage lender approval
BLP has mortgage provider acceptance from the UK's major lenders. Mortgage lenders list their approved warranty providers in Section 6.7.1 of Part 2 of the UK Finance Mortgage Lenders' Handbook (previously CML). We're listed as 'Building Life Plans' or 'BLP':
We are approved by the DCLG as a designated warranty provider (regardless of who you use for Building Control) and by the Housing Corporation; and through the Housing Corporation's Scheme Development Standards, BLP is designated as an appropriate organisation for providing independent technical approval of non-traditional housing schemes.
Housing warranty insurance and latent defects insurance policies are long term products. You need to be sure that the Insurers are going to be around when you need them most.
All of BLP’s insurance products are covered by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE, UK Branch. Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty is dedicated to serving the specific needs of corporate and specialty insurance clients within the UK and internationally.
Standard & Poor’s (S&P), the worldwide insurance rating agency, has confirmed the Financial Strength Ratings (FSRs) of Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty as AA. In a construction market suffering the effects of a serious lack of funding, this is excellent news for developers looking to bring both residential and commercial schemes to market.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty is the UK branch of Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE, Königinstrasse 28, 80802 München, Germany. UK branch office: 60 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3V 0HR. Authorised by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. The insurance policies are governed by English law and jurisdiction.
Find out more about Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE.