- Over 250,000 have given up on the dream of homeownership
- BLP now offers latent defects insurance in the Republic of Ireland
- 'Quality homes must be at the forefront of the government's housing plans' - Planning & Building Control Today
- 'Millions put off moving home in the UK because of Brexit, poll shows' - Property Wire
- House hunters get Brexit jitters
- 'The role of sensors and data in the built environment' (White Paper)
- 'Structural defects can leave homeowners without insurance out of pocket' - PBC Today
- 'Drivers for sustainability in construction & the urban environment' (White Paper)
- 'UK housebuilding remains buoyant but...' - Builder & Engineer
- 'The burning platform for construction' (White Paper)
Research & Development Executive
- To carry out and provide research and technical support for BLP Consult opportunities.
- Research and development tasks as required to support the technical team and the company to achieve its business objectives.
- Equivalent to academic Research Assistant or Senior Research Assistant grades.
Work with the research and development team to:
- Carry out life cycle cost and carbon fee earning projects.
- Update BLP component data. Durability, service life data, maintenance and costs for existing and new components. Data for operational energy and carbon, embodied energy and carbon, and other metrics.
- Assist with technical risk based assessments for example BOPAS.
- Develop and program concepts, calculations and data for our life cycle cost, carbon and energy models.
- Provide technical support for opportunities, client contact, presentations and publicity.
- Assist with research for internal technical support and external research collaborations.
- Assist in the overall aims of the BLP Consult to promote BLP as a centre of excellence.
- Represent BLP on committees or industry working groups as required.
- Numerate construction based research, construction science.
- Carbon and energy calculations, Life cycle costing, Modelling, Sustainability.
- Working knowledge of construction good practice: British Standards, Building Regulations etc.
- Software literate: word processing, spreadsheets, powerpoint.
- Good communication skills: technical writing and spoken and presentational.
- Experience and personal skills in working with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work autonomously on own initiative as well as part of a team.
Desirable (but training will be provided):
- Programming capability (Excel VBA and R in particular or other languages e.g. Python).
- Research experience, particularly in component and component durability.
- Other areas of knowledge: BIM, data science, building costs, taking off quantities.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Please include details of your current salary and notice period.