- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
- BLP Insurance joins forces with the Consumer Code for New Homes
- Modern Methods of Construction and new ‘players’ critical to solving UK housing shortages – Mortgage Solutions
- London's housing crisis: Is 'smart construction' the answer? Mortgage Finance Gazette
- Quality is key to build-to-rent housing impact - Inside Housing
- Banks offering alternatives to try and get millennials on the housing ladder - Property & Development magazine
- 'General Election result - where now for construction?' - PBC Today
- 'People giving up on dream of homeownership' - UK Construction Online
- Over 250,000 have given up on the dream of homeownership
- BLP now offers latent defects insurance in the Republic of Ireland
Research & Development Executive
The Thomas Miller Group is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services. BLP (Building LifePlans Ltd), part of the Thomas Miller Group, has been providing building defects insurance and other related products and services since 1999.
- To carry out and provide research and technical support for BLP Consult opportunities.
- Research and development tasks as required to support the technical team and the company to achieve its business objectives.
- Equivalent to academic Research Assistant or Senior Research Assistant grades.
Work with the research and development team to:
- Carry out life cycle cost and carbon fee earning projects.
- Update BLP component data. Durability, service life data, maintenance and costs for existing and new components. Data for operational energy and carbon, embodied energy and carbon, and other metrics.
- Assist with technical risk based assessments for example BOPAS.
- Develop and program concepts, calculations and data for our life cycle cost, carbon and energy models.
- Provide technical support for opportunities, client contact, presentations and publicity.
- Assist with research for internal technical support and external research collaborations.
- Assist in the overall aims of the BLP Consult to promote BLP as a centre of excellence.
- Represent BLP on committees or industry working groups as required.
- Numerate construction based research, construction science.
- Carbon and energy calculations, Life cycle costing, Modelling, Sustainability.
- Working knowledge of construction good practice: British Standards, Building Regulations etc.
- Software literate: word processing, spreadsheets, powerpoint.
- Good communication skills: technical writing and spoken and presentational.
- Experience and personal skills in working with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work autonomously on own initiative as well as part of a team.
Desirable (but training will be provided):
- Programming capability (Excel VBA and R in particular or other languages e.g. Python).
- Research experience, particularly in component and component durability.
- Other areas of knowledge: BIM, data science, building costs, taking off quantities.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Please include details of your current salary and notice period.