Bob joined Thomas Miller after a career of 21 years in the Royal Navy, rising to the rank of Commander in the Logistics Branch.
In 1994 he joined Thomas Miller as the HR Manager and three years later he became the Europe Region Services Director with the task of reorganising the service delivery to the Thomas Miller managed mutuals. From 1999 to 2004 he was the firm's HR director and was then appointed the Group Chief Operating Officer, a role he filled for six years.
Since mid 2010 Bob has focussed his attention on pensions, property, risk management and internal assurance.
- Appointed to the Board of TM&Co in 1999 and to the Board of Thomas Miller Holdings in 2000
- Deputy Chairman of Thomas Miller (Isle of Man) Ltd since 2005
- Chairman of Trustee Board, Thomas Miller Defined Contribution Pension Scheme; Trustee Director, Defined Benefit Scheme; and trustee of Thomas Miller pension schemes in the US and Bermuda
- Director of Occupational Pensions Defence Union (OPDU)
- Appointed Chairman of BLP in 2013
- Introduction of performance management
- Introduction of performance related remuneration
- Development of share schemes
- Introduction of risk management framework
- Property relocation
- Pension scheme design
- Business continuity
- Trustee of Chauncy Maples Malawi Trust
- Trustee of Royal Naval Officers Charity and Council Member of the Association of Royal Navy Officers
- Past Master, Worshipful Company of Cooks of London