Peter Mayer BA, BSc, MRICS
Research & Development Manager
Peter joined Thomas Miller in 2005 as Research and Development Manager for BLP.
He manages the maintenance and development of the computerised risk management system which underpins the technical side of BLP’s latent defect insurance for buildings.
Durability assessments for innovative building systems and components are conducted by Peter.
- Previously a building surveyor with Building Performance Group (now part of the BRE Global).
- Professional qualifications: Chartered Building Surveyor MRICS with a BSc Hons in Building Surveying.
- Project managed the development of the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) on-line life cycle costing toolkit and is project leader for a TSB funded development of a sustainability toolkit for housing.
- Member of British Standards committee for durability, British Standard publications for life cycle costing and a chair of the working group for RICS guidance note on stock condition surveys.
- He is also a convener of ISO 15686-3 for service life reviews, a regular contributor to Building Magazine and he develops and runs life cycle cost training courses