- BLP now offers latent defects insurance in the Republic of Ireland
- 'Quality homes must be at the forefront of the government's housing plans' - Planning & Building Control Today
- 'Millions put off moving home in the UK because of Brexit, poll shows' - Property Wire
- House hunters get Brexit jitters
- 'The role of sensors and data in the built environment' (White Paper)
- 'Structural defects can leave homeowners without insurance out of pocket' - PBC Today
- 'Drivers for sustainability in construction & the urban environment' (White Paper)
- 'UK housebuilding remains buoyant but...' - Builder & Engineer
- 'The burning platform for construction' (White Paper)
- 'The fourth industrial revolution and the built environment' (White Paper)
Embodied & operational energy assessments
Using our low carbon design and decision tool, Butterfly, the BLP CONSULT team helps you take the risk out of your design decisions by assessing the environmental impact of your proposed scheme. We created ‘Butterfly’ in collaboration with UCL Energy Institute, University of Cambridge Centre for Sustainable Development, Willmott Dixon and through funding from the Technology Strategy Board.
As with our approach to Life Cycle Costing assessments, the carbon modelling is construction and component specific and alternative components can be modelled with a view to improving the carbon performance of the design, and at the same time monitoring the impact of design change on capital costs and cost in use.