- London's housing crisis: Is 'smart construction' the answer? Mortgage Finance Gazette
- Quality is key to build-to-rent housing impact - Inside Housing
- Banks offering alternatives to try and get millennials on the housing ladder - Property & Development magazine
- 'General Election result - where now for construction?' - PBC Today
- 'People giving up on dream of homeownership' - UK Construction Online
- Over 250,000 have given up on the dream of homeownership
- BLP now offers latent defects insurance in the Republic of Ireland
- 'Quality homes must be at the forefront of the government's housing plans' - Planning & Building Control Today
- 'Millions put off moving home in the UK because of Brexit, poll shows' - Property Wire
- House hunters get Brexit jitters
Embodied & operational energy assessments
Using our low carbon design and decision tool, Butterfly, the BLP CONSULT team helps you take the risk out of your design decisions by assessing the environmental impact of your proposed scheme. We created ‘Butterfly’ in collaboration with UCL Energy Institute, University of Cambridge Centre for Sustainable Development, Willmott Dixon and through funding from the Technology Strategy Board.
As with our approach to Life Cycle Costing assessments, the carbon modelling is construction and component specific and alternative components can be modelled with a view to improving the carbon performance of the design, and at the same time monitoring the impact of design change on capital costs and cost in use.