- BLP now offers latent defects insurance in the Republic of Ireland
- 'Quality homes must be at the forefront of the government's housing plans' - Planning & Building Control Today
- 'Millions put off moving home in the UK because of Brexit, poll shows' - Property Wire
- House hunters get Brexit jitters
- 'The role of sensors and data in the built environment' (White Paper)
- 'Structural defects can leave homeowners without insurance out of pocket' - PBC Today
- 'Drivers for sustainability in construction & the urban environment' (White Paper)
- 'UK housebuilding remains buoyant but...' - Builder & Engineer
- 'The burning platform for construction' (White Paper)
- 'The fourth industrial revolution and the built environment' (White Paper)
BLP’s in-house Research and Development team has undertaken durability assessments on a range of components and materials. These assessments allow designers and developers to fully understand the implications of component and material selection in terms of ongoing maintenance and replacement requirements and the associated costs. Our core technical skills are in assessing the performance and durability characteristics of buildings and their systems. We carry out durability assessments that are recognised by lenders and by the HCA, and that provide comfort on the long-term performance of unfamiliar or innovative systems.
We do not require systems to have undergone independent testing or accreditation before considering them for inclusion as part of a scheme insured for latent defects.
BLP can undertake durability assessments and life cycle comparisons on MMC to demonstrate suitability for use on Housing Association projects.