- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
- BLP Insurance joins forces with the Consumer Code for New Homes
- Modern Methods of Construction and new ‘players’ critical to solving UK housing shortages – Mortgage Solutions
- London's housing crisis: Is 'smart construction' the answer? Mortgage Finance Gazette
- Quality is key to build-to-rent housing impact - Inside Housing
- Banks offering alternatives to try and get millennials on the housing ladder - Property & Development magazine
- 'General Election result - where now for construction?' - PBC Today
- 'People giving up on dream of homeownership' - UK Construction Online
- Over 250,000 have given up on the dream of homeownership
- BLP now offers latent defects insurance in the Republic of Ireland
BLP’s in-house Research and Development team has undertaken durability assessments on a range of components and materials. These assessments allow designers and developers to fully understand the implications of component and material selection in terms of ongoing maintenance and replacement requirements and the associated costs. Our core technical skills are in assessing the performance and durability characteristics of buildings and their systems. We carry out durability assessments that are recognised by lenders and by the HCA, and that provide comfort on the long-term performance of unfamiliar or innovative systems.
We do not require systems to have undergone independent testing or accreditation before considering them for inclusion as part of a scheme insured for latent defects.
BLP can undertake durability assessments and life cycle comparisons on MMC to demonstrate suitability for use on Housing Association projects.