- 'General Election result - where now for construction?' - PBC Today
- 'People giving up on dream of homeownership' - UK Construction Online
- Over 250,000 have given up on the dream of homeownership
- BLP now offers latent defects insurance in the Republic of Ireland
- 'Quality homes must be at the forefront of the government's housing plans' - Planning & Building Control Today
- 'Millions put off moving home in the UK because of Brexit, poll shows' - Property Wire
- House hunters get Brexit jitters
- 'The role of sensors and data in the built environment' (White Paper)
- 'Structural defects can leave homeowners without insurance out of pocket' - PBC Today
- 'Drivers for sustainability in construction & the urban environment' (White Paper)
Our aim is to ensure that the claim is dealt with speedily, fairly and to your complete satisfaction.
For full information on claims please refer to the policy document. Let your insurance broker or BLP know immediately you’re aware of a potential claim. If in doubt, please speak to us. We’d far sooner learn of matters which don’t result in claims than get to know of major incidents months after they’ve occurred.
If you’re a company please ensure that everyone in your organisation, who’s likely to become aware of claims circumstances, notifies the nominated individual.
Claims are handled by BLP on behalf of Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE, UK Branch. If you think you need to make a claim you should call us on 020 7204 2424, quoting your policy reference number.
You will be asked for a brief summary of the claim or circumstance, and you will be sent a claim form for completion and return to BLP. Do not worry if you cannot answer all the questions on the form; some may not be relevant to your particular claim.
How each claim is actually handled will depend on the individual circumstances. The defect will have to be assessed and an inspection may be undertaken by BLP's technical staff for a report to be prepared. You will be asked to arrange access to the site for any inspection or opening up.
In order for us to deal with the claim speedily and fairly, we must be fully aware of the circumstances and also what action, if any, you propose. You may already have begun investigation into the problem or you may have no idea of the cause.
Whatever the situation, it is imperative that we are informed as soon as possible.