'BREAKING THROUGH THE RED TAPE - Housing supply: where now?'
- Location: BLP's Office, London
- Date: 13/06/2016
- Time: 08:00 - 10:00
The Housing and Planning Act is now in force which was hailed as crucial to tackling the housing shortage in the UK. But as it continues on its bumpy ride to becoming law, this seminar will focus on whether the complicated provisions to speed up the planning process go far enough to address an excess of red tape. In the wake of the UK's local elections, speakers will also discuss how the new political settlement will impact on the effective of the planning reforms.
The British Property Federation and BLP Insurance will be hosting this free seminar.
- Richard Saxon, Non-Executive Director, BLP Insurance (chair)
- Michela Hancock, Development Director, Greystar
- Ian Fletcher, Director of Policy (Real Estate), British Property Federation
- Mike Harris, Director of Growth, Southampton County Council
- Melbourne Barrett, Chief Executive, Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council
- Ben Llewellyn, Deputy Director (Housing), DCLG
08:00 Breakfast and registration
08:30 Welcome and introduction
08:40 Panel session
As numbers are limited we suggest booking early.