Embodied Carbon - Updated ICE Database and RICS Building Carbon Database
- Location: RICS HQ, London
- Date: 30/05/2019
- Time: 16:00 - 19:30
The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products is pleased to partner with ASBP patron member Circular Ecology and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to host a topical seminar on embodied carbon in buildings.
The purpose of the event is to showcase updated versions of two important resources, the ICE (Inventory of Carbon and Energy) Database developed by Circular Ecology’s Craig Jones and University of Bath's Professor Geoff Hammond, and the new-look RICS Building Carbon Database, formerly the WRAP Embodied Carbon Database.
Peter Mayer, BLP's Research & Development Manager, will be attending.
16:00 – Registration and refreshments
16:30 – Welcome from the Chair – Jane Anderson, ASBP board member, LCA expert and member of Green Construction Board’s Resources & Waste Task Group
16:45 – Speaker presentations
- Energy, carbon and sustainable development – Professor Geoff Hammond, Professor Emeritus in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Bath
- Embodied carbon of construction materials: Launching the new Inventory of Carbon & Energy (ICE) Database – Craig Jones, Director, Circular Ecology
- The new-look RICS Building Carbon Database – James Fiske, Director of Delivery and Operations, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- The importance of measuring embodied and whole life carbon in buildings and infrastructure
- Environment Agency
- Rail Safety Standards Board
18:15 – Closing discussion – How can embodied carbon databases make a difference?
18:30 – Drinks, nibbles and networking
19:30 – Close
For further information and to book your place please visit: