Kim Vernau (CEO) to attend the Government Construction Summit 2014
- Location: London Marriot Hotel, Grosvenor Square, W1K 6JP
- Date: 01/07/2014
Kim Vernau, Chief Executive Officer of BLP, will be attending the Government Construction Summit on 2nd July at the London Mariott Hotel, Grosvenor Square.
This year's Government Construction Summit will bring together key leaders from government and industry to explore how construction can deliver for Britain. At last year's Summit, the industrial strategy for construction, Construction 2025, was launched. This set out bold ambitions and a partnership approach to transform our industry. At this year's event, delegates will hear how construction's leaders are taking this work forward to build sustainable growth; develop strong, resilient and skilled supply chains; create jobs and realise the potential of the green economy.
The Summit will provide delegates with a unique opportunity to:
- Hear from Government ministers, advisers and top industry leaders across all tiers
- Gain insight through panel discussion into key cross-cutting issues around maximising growth in supply chains and going green to support sustainable growth
- Explore and engage with government and industry experts in the information zone
- Connect with senior sector professionals in government and industry
Delegates will hear from the co-chairs of the Construction Leadership Council:
- Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Sir David Higgins, Chairman of HS2
You will also hear from:
- Rt Hon Michael Fallon MP, Minister of State for Business and Energy
- Lord Deighton, Commercial Secretary to the Treasury
- Lord Young, Enterprise Adviser to the Prime Minister
- Peter Hansford, Government Chief Construction Adviser
- Andrew Wyllie, Chief Executive of Costain
Visit the Government Construction website for more details.