Buy In or Bye Bye? The critical role of councils in build-to-rent development
- Location: BLP's Office, London
- Date: 26/11/2014
- Time: 0800 - 10:00
When seeking local housing authority buy in for build-to-rent developments, what are the main challenges for developers in gaining planning permission?
There has been widespread media coverage in recent months on encouraging institutional investment in the private rented sector and the subsequent effects of this on the property market. Although much has been said about the commercial impact, and the need to design and build properties that investors want, this seminar will focus on how best to work with the local housing authorities to ensure that these proposed schemes come to fruition.
08:00 Breakfast and registration
08:30 Welcome and Introduction - Richard Saxon CBE, Non Executive Director - BLP Insurance
08:40 Panel session: Views from the industry
- Jamie Ratcliff, Associate Director - Programme, Policy and Services in the Housing and Land Directorate, GLA
- James Coghill, Head of Residential Capital Markets - Savills
- Mark Farmer, Partner, Head of Residential - EC Harris
- Nick Jopling, Executive Director - Grainger plc
- Melbourne Barrett, Executive Director Housing & Regeneration Department - LB Hammersmith & Fulham Council
09:20 Audience Q&A - Chaired by Richard Saxon CBE
To book your place at this free event please RSVP to Sam Downes at the BPF: email@example.com