Embodied Carbon - Action and Implementation Conference
- Location: Central London (venue TBC)
- Date: 30/09/2015
- Time: 09:00 - 17:00
On the 01 October 2015 UK-GBC will be hosting a one day conference to respond to the recommendations made following last year's Embodied Carbon Week. Peter Mayer, BLP's Research & Development Manager, will attend the conference which will bring together building professionals from across the industry.
The conference will set our activity that collectively takes action and implements plans for making real change within the sector. The programme will include knowledge sharing and the latest technical thinking from prominent industry experts.
Key areas covered around embodied carbon will include:
- The business case for reducing embodied carbon
- The central role of clients to lead the way
- Practical examples: quick wins to reduce embodied carbon, closed loop systems and designs for deconstruction
- Joined up approaches to embodied and operational carbon reduction
- Approaches to consistent measurement on a building project
- Focussed data sharing exercise for building level benchmarking
Speakers will be confirmed shortly.
For more information about this event please visit the UK-GBC website.