Westminster Briefing: Expanding Supply & Improving Standards in the Private Rented Sector
- Location: Westminster, London
- Date: 15/10/2014
- Time: 11:00 - 15:30
Jeff Maxted (BLP's Technical Director) will be attending an event hosted by Westminster Briefing to discuss the latest Government measures to expand supply and improve standards in the private rented sector on Thursday, 16th October 2014.
The morning session will examine the various different building schemes, the role of the PRS Taskforce and what more can be done to get new homes built.
The afternoon session will focus on improving standards, looking at developments such as the Review of Property Conditions, the proposed Code of Practice on property management and the power available to authorities.
11:00 Chair's introduction
11:05 'Expanding Supply'
- What is the Government doing to support expansion in the private rented sector?
- The PRS Housing Debt Guarantee Scheme: how will it lead to more homes being built?
- What are the key components of the Affordable Housing Guarantee scheme and how does it differ?
- Building to Rent: what is being done to speed up development?
- What is the role of the Private Rented Sector Taskforce and what has it achieved so far?
- How will planning reforms help and what role can councils play?
13:00 Networking lunch
13:45 'Improving Standards'
- Review of Property Conditions in the PRS: where will it lead?
- Model Tenancy Agreement: what impact will it have?
- Code of practice on property management: what sort of things will it contain and will it improve professionalism in the sector?
- The How to Rent Guide - are tenants using it and how can it be publicised more widely?
- Licensing regimes and unsafe properties: how should local authorities use their powers?
Visit Westminster Briefing for further details.