More than you'd expect
We are engaged with your business. BLP helps protect your reputation, enhances the quality of your build for insurance purposes, and so mitigates your exposure to claims.
- Protect: The vast majority of our policies are underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE, an AA rated global insurer, with support from other recognised global insurance companies when the risk demands it.
- Enhance: BLP is experienced in assessing modern methods of construction, such as through BOPAS. We don't dictate how you build; we work with you to assist in building better properties.
- Minimise: Our policies offer a Subrogation Waiver to protect the professionals you work with.
Less admin than you’re used to
We focus on providing a quality customer experience, obviating the need for unnecessary administration:
- No registration fees or security with BLP policies
- No 2-year developer warranty period (excludes water ingress in year 1)
- Premium payment instalments can be spread over the duration of the build
- Premiums are based on contract value plus any retained elements, not the sale value of the property
- Much higher cover limits than are otherwise available in the market
BLP Insurance is now a Registered Code User of the Consumer Code for New Homes (CCNH), which has been approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute.
The Consumer Code for New Homes (“the Code”) has been established to provide support and protection to consumers purchasing new-build homes in the UK. The ultimate aim is to provide a genuine commitment to consumers, improving standards of construction and raise consumer service standards in the New Homes market.
We have worked with BLP on five developments during the last five years because they offer the best service and the best product. Their input is always useful and welcome.