BLP offers the cover you need to protect your investment
Our market leading Housing Warranty Insurance offers you more than the 'traditional' warranty'; simply unrivalled investment protection for investors and funders.
BLP policies encourage investment and support funders and investors by insuring against the rebuild value of the asset for new builds, conversions, and individual units.
No limits - BLP helps to create a flourishing property investment environment
What’s wrong with 'traditional' warranties?
Many 'traditional' new home warranties limit cover: £25m per new build continuous structure and £5m for conversions; with inner limits of £1m for individual new build units and £500,000 for individual conversions.
Who feels the pain?
Thousands of new build properties are under-insured when compared to the rebuild costs. Residents, homeowners and investors/funders are financially exposed to any shortfall if a significant building defect arises.
The BLP promise to funders and investors:
- We protect your investment against the consequence of structural building defect
- Our cover enhances your offer to potential residential and commercial tenants
- Policy offers comprehensive cover for every aspect of the build and negates the need for traditional collateral warranties
- Loss of Rent, Business Interruption, M&E, and full component cover is also available
- BLP cover sits with the building rather than the builder, so any change of the professional team – due to insolvency for example – incurs no penalty for the developer/investor.
Policies are bespoke to each scheme and are written to cover the full rebuild value of any asset regardless of size. Whether residential or commercial, new build or conversion, our 'All-Party' cover ensures financial peace of mind to buyers, tenants, developers, funders and investors alike.
BLP is an insurance company which, in our experience, takes a “can do” approach to client problems and looks for ways to help with projects that don’t necessarily fit the mould. Their products differ from what you would usually find in the market, and this makes it easy and sensible for us to point clients in their direction in relevant circumstances.