- Over 250,000 have given up on the dream of homeownership
- BLP now offers latent defects insurance in the Republic of Ireland
- 'Quality homes must be at the forefront of the government's housing plans' - Planning & Building Control Today
- 'Millions put off moving home in the UK because of Brexit, poll shows' - Property Wire
- House hunters get Brexit jitters
- 'The role of sensors and data in the built environment' (White Paper)
- 'Structural defects can leave homeowners without insurance out of pocket' - PBC Today
- 'Drivers for sustainability in construction & the urban environment' (White Paper)
- 'UK housebuilding remains buoyant but...' - Builder & Engineer
- 'The burning platform for construction' (White Paper)
Residential housing warranty insurance & commercial latent defects insurance policies
The whole point of what we do is to provide peace of mind when it comes to protecting your property; whether you are the developer or owner of a residential new build or conversion, a commercial property or a mixed use development.
Our policies are underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, an AA rated global insurer, and are underpinned by an independent technical appraisal aimed at minimising defects right from the design stage. Terms and scope of cover are flexible, and usually extend to the full value of the construction project. You’re not at risk of losing a hefty deposit or other form of security, because we don’t ask for one; and our products cut through the complicated tangle of responsibilities, responding first if a defect arises post completion.
For more on our policies click on the links above or call us on 020 7204 2424.
The product is first party insurance in the proper sense, not a warranty, so with few exceptions, the current building owner or occupier gets the defect remedied without the time or hassle of looking around for a solution.