- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
- BLP Insurance joins forces with the Consumer Code for New Homes
- Modern Methods of Construction and new ‘players’ critical to solving UK housing shortages – Mortgage Solutions
- London's housing crisis: Is 'smart construction' the answer? Mortgage Finance Gazette
- Quality is key to build-to-rent housing impact - Inside Housing
- Banks offering alternatives to try and get millennials on the housing ladder - Property & Development magazine
- 'General Election result - where now for construction?' - PBC Today
- 'People giving up on dream of homeownership' - UK Construction Online
- Over 250,000 have given up on the dream of homeownership
- BLP now offers latent defects insurance in the Republic of Ireland
Housing warranty insurance underwritten by Allianz
- No registration fees or security required
- Mortgage provider acceptance from the UK's major lenders
- No 2-year developer warranty period (excludes water ingress in year 1)
- Flexible payment terms available
- Much higher cover limits than are otherwise available in the market
- Flexible as to types of construction
BLPSECURE is our 10 or 12 year housing warranty insurance policy for residential developments. It runs from the date of the first legal completion or in Scotland the date of entry on the Premises.
The housing warranty insurance cover we provide meets the cost of re-instating the Premises in the event of a defect occurring in the structural parts.
The Structural Parts includes the parts of the Premises, which are essential to the structural stability and waterproofing, such as walls, foundations, windows and roof.
In the event of a structural claim, we also offer additional areas of cover, including:
- The costs of demolition to allow rebuilding;
- Design and other fees in connection with re-instatement;
- Costs of removing, storing and re-installing the contents of the property;
- Cost of providing alternative accommodation during the period of the re-instatement.
This premium BLP insurance policy offers cover that is wider ranging than our "standard" structural housing warranty insurance. Additional cover includes:
- The BLP Component Failure Extension, designed to meet the costs of premature failure of non-structural component parts within their predicted lifetime. Some examples of components include kitchen units, boilers, electrical wiring and pipe work for gas, water, heating and ventilation.
For more information please call us on 020 7204 2424.