10 or 12-year housing warranty insurance policy for residential developments; runs from the date of the first legal completion or in Scotland the date of entry on the premises.
Designed with builders and developers in mind…
- Approved by the UK's major lenders
- No 2-year developer warranty period (excludes water ingress in year 1)
- Premium payment instalments can be spread over the duration of the build
- Much higher cover limits than are otherwise available in the market
- Flexible as to types of construction
Addressing the needs of the Build-to-Rent sector
A better fit for the needs of the Build-to-Rent operator:
- Protects your rental income stream: our cover meets the cost of re-instating the Premises in the event of a defect occurring in the Structural Parts. The Structural Parts includes the parts of the Premises which are essential to the structural stability and waterproofing, such as walls, foundations, windows and roof.
In the event of a structural claim, we also cover:
- The costs of demolition to allow rebuilding
- Design and other fees relating to re-instatement
- Costs of removing, storing and re-installing the contents of the property
For developers looking to retain ownership, BLP can provide extended cover on all maintenance-heavy elements of the build, including (but not limited to) M&E, HVAC, community heating systems, kitchen units, doors, pipes, and electrical wiring. This BLP SecurePlus cover helps reduce lifecycle cost and maintenance considerations and further helps reduce losses over items/areas not covered by warranty providers.
Additional cover can be obtained to include the BLP Component Failure Extension, designed to meet the costs of premature failure of non-structural component parts within their predicted lifetime. Some examples of components include kitchen units, boilers, electrical wiring and pipe work for gas, water, heating and ventilation.