- HomeOwners Alliance and BLP Insurance back All Party Parliament Group recommendations to tackle the poor quality of new homes
- Hard-hitting recommendations to tackle poor quality of new homes - HomeOwners Alliance
- Housing crisis deepens as concerns mount among increasingly desperate first-time buyers
- 'Integrated project insurance: the claim stops here' - Insurance Day
- Kim Vernau comments on the impact of the mayoral elections this week on the London housing sector
- Twice as many support new stamp duty surcharge as oppose, despite loud opposition from landlord groups
- 'Nearly half of UK adults support new stamp duty surcharge' - HbD online
- Spring Budget 2016: Comments - Architects datafile
- Spring Budget comment: Are the steps being taken to address the UK housing crisis going far enough?
- BLP Insurance named in London Stock Exchange’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
We provide housing warranty insurance and commercial latent defects insurance.
BLP (Building LifePlans Ltd), part of the Thomas Miller Group, has been providing building defects insurance since 1999.
Our policies are underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, an AA rated global insurer, and are underpinned by an independent technical appraisal aimed at minimising defects right from the design stage.
Our housing warranty insurance product is a compelling alternative to the 'traditional' 10 year new home warranty solutions. Our cover has a one off cost so the builder/developer does not need to provide an annual membership fee, additional security and financial bonds. Learn more about BLP's housing warranty insurance...
Our commercial latent defects insurance product is the most comprehensive in the market: M&E cover, Component Failure, Loss of Rent and financial limits to match the exposure. All aimed to protect the investment with a single policy from one of the world's largest insurance groups. Learn more about BLP's commercial latent defects insurance...
BLP is also a leading resource for ‘whole life cost’ methodology in UK residential construction, and offers durability and maintenance assessments to facilitate the adoption of innovative and offsite manufactured systems. Learn more about BLP's consultancy services...
Wouldn't it be nice...
- To have a single point of reference for remedying defects?
- To do away with registration and membership fees?
- Not to provide large sums in security for long periods?
- Not to have a two-year defects liability period when someone has signed off your project and you've paid for cover?
- For your homebuyers to know that they can make a direct claim to the insurer, in the unlikely event of a structural defect?
- To do away with long delays in getting an agreed recovery for a defective build?
You do have an alternative. Contact us to find out more:
BLP fact file
- Insured over £3.5bn of construction in 2015
- Market exclusive policies underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE, an AA rated global insurer
- First party insurance cover means only proof of damage is required for claims, not proof of liability
- Providing construction insurance since 1989, trading as Building LifePlans (BLP) since 1999
- Unrivalled corporate knowledge and expertise in construction risk management and performance in use of buildings
- Market leading levels of cover for single structures: commercial, residential or mixed use
BLP Insurance has been named as one of the London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain. BLP was chosen as one of the UK’s fastest-growing and most dynamic small and medium sized businesses. Read more...