- Private rented sector holds the key for housing shortage - BLP / BPF Seminar
- "Building offsite: The start of a new construction era?" - Construction News
- BPF's Growth Initiatives Report - Kim Vernau comments
- Home Performance Labelling Pilot - HTA/BLP joint venture
- Free event: Buy In or Bye Bye? The critical role of councils in build-to-rent development - 26 Nov 2014
- 'Protect yourself with a warranty' - At Home magazine
- Smart Building Conference - 7 Oct 2014
- '10 facts you didn't know about bricks' - The Times / Property Section
- Evander awarded Deal of The Year at the Industrial Agents Society Awards 2014
- Q&A with Kim Vernau - Construction Magazine
We provide housing warranty insurance and commercial latent defects insurance.
BLP (Building LifePlans Ltd), part of the Thomas Miller Group, has been providing building defects insurance since 1999.
Our policies are underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, an AA rated global insurer, and are underpinned by an independent technical appraisal aimed at minimising defects right from the design stage.
Our housing warranty insurance product is a compelling alternative to the 'traditional' 10 year new home warranty solutions. Our cover has a one off cost so the builder/developer does not need to provide an annual membership fee, additional security and financial bonds. Learn more about BLP's housing warranty insurance...
Our commercial latent defects insurance product is the most comprehensive in the market: M&E cover, Component Failure, Loss of Rent and financial limits to match the exposure. All aimed to protect the investment with a single policy from one of the world's largest insurance groups. Learn more about BLP's commercial latent defects insurance...
BLP is also a leading resource for ‘whole life cost’ methodology in UK residential construction, and offers durability and maintenance assessments to facilitate the adoption of innovative and offsite manufactured systems. Learn more about BLP's consultancy services...
Wouldn't it be nice...
- To have a single point of reference for remedying defects?
- To do away with registration and membership fees?
- Not to provide large sums in security for long periods?
- Not to have a two-year defects liability period when someone has signed off your project and you've paid for cover?
- For your homebuyers to know that they can make a direct claim to the insurer, in the unlikely event of a structural defect?
- To do away with long delays in getting an agreed recovery for a defective build?
You do have an alternative. Contact us to find out more:
BLP fact file
- Insured over £2.2bn of construction in 2013
- Market exclusive policies underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE, an AA rated global insurer
- First party insurance cover means only proof of damage is required for claims, not proof of liability
- Providing construction insurance since 1984, trading as Building LifePlans (BLP) since 1999
- Unrivalled corporate knowledge and expertise in construction risk management and performance in use of buildings
- Market leading levels of cover for single structures: commercial, residential or mixed use
BLP / BPF Seminar on PRS: The critical role of councils in build-to-rent development. "Private rented sector holds key for housing shortage. Tenants will vote with their feet - but buy-in from local authorities is urgently needed to build quality private rented sector properties." Read event overview...