- Self builders multiply as access to funding improves - Self Build Homes
- Neighbours biggest threat to domestic bliss
- Market Moves: Brokers most active in recruitment as insurers make few changes - Postonline
- 12 Nov 2013 - Conference: Innovative construction solutions to deliver better value social housing
- BLP Insurance strengthens Board
- 7 Nov 2013 - Pre-MIPIM Party
- Oarsome BLP'ers give good account of themselves at The Big Row
- 'Lack of funding stalling private construction' - Special feature / Mortgage Introducer blog
- 26 Sep 2013 - BOPAS Breakfast Briefing
- 'Lack of land and finance stops dream home fantasy' - www.primelocation.com
We provide housing warranty insurance and commercial latent defects insurance.
BLP (Building LifePlans Ltd), part of the Thomas Miller Group, has been providing building defects insurance since 1999.
Our policies are underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, an AA rated global insurer, and are underpinned by an independent technical appraisal aimed at minimising defects right from the design stage.
Our housing warranty insurance product is a compelling alternative to the 'traditional' 10 year new home warranty solutions. Our cover has a one off cost so the builder/developer does not need to provide an annual membership fee, additional security and financial bonds. Find out more...
Our commercial latent defects insurance product is the most comprehensive in the market: M&E cover, Component Failure, Loss of Rent and financial limits to match the exposure. All aimed to protect the investment with a single policy from one of the world's largest insurance groups. Find out more...
BLP is also the leading resource for ‘whole life cost’ methodology in UK residential construction, and offers durability assessments to facilitate the adoption of innovative and offsite manufactured systems. Find out more...
Wouldn't it be nice...
- To have a single point of reference for remedying defects?
- To do away with registration and membership fees?
- Not to provide large sums in security for long periods?
- Not to have a two-year defects liability period when someone has signed off my project and I've paid for cover?
- For my homebuyers to know that they can make a direct claim to the insurer, in the unlikely event of a structural defect?
- To do away with long delays in getting an agreed recovery for a defective build?
You do have an alternative. Contact us to find out more:
BLP fact file
- Insured over £1.79bn of construction in 2012
- Market exclusive policies underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE, an AA rated global insurer
- First party insurance cover means only proof of damage is required for claims, not proof of liability
- Providing construction insurance since 1984, trading as Building LifePlans (BLP) since 1999
- Unrivalled corporate knowledge and expertise in construction risk management and performance in use of buildings
- Market leading levels of cover for single structures: commercial, residential or mixed use
Watch our video of the 'Butterfly' low carbon design & decision tool.
This tool will calculate life cycle cost and the environmental impact of the design and components for both new build and refurbished residential buildings.