- Swan Housing Group awarded BOPAS accreditation - Housebuilder & Developer
- Swan Housing Group awarded BOPAS accreditation
- 82% of UK adults support government plans for estate agent regulation - Inside Conveyancing
- Homeowner survey reveals 82% of adults support plans for estate agent regulation - PBC Today
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
- BLP Insurance joins forces with the Consumer Code for New Homes
- Modern Methods of Construction and new ‘players’ critical to solving UK housing shortages – Mortgage Solutions
- London's housing crisis: Is 'smart construction' the answer? Mortgage Finance Gazette
- Quality is key to build-to-rent housing impact - Inside Housing
- Banks offering alternatives to try and get millennials on the housing ladder - Property & Development magazine
We provide house warranty / commercial latent defects insurance. We also offer life cycle assessments and durability design assessments for offsite construction.
BLP (Building LifePlans Ltd), part of the Thomas Miller Group, has been providing building defects insurance since 1999.
Our policies are underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, an AA rated global insurer, and are underpinned by an independent technical appraisal aimed at minimising defects right from the design stage.
Our housing warranty insurance product is a compelling alternative to the 'traditional' 10 year house warranty solutions. Our cover has a one off cost so the builder/developer does not need to provide an annual membership fee, additional security and financial bonds. Learn more about BLP's building warranty insurance...
Our commercial latent defects insurance product is the most comprehensive in the market: M&E cover, Component Failure, Loss of Rent and financial limits to match the exposure. All aimed to protect the investment with a single policy from one of the world's largest insurance groups. Learn more about BLP's commercial latent defects insurance...
BLP is also a leading resource for ‘whole life cost’ methodology in UK residential construction, and offers durability and maintenance assessments to facilitate the adoption of modular construction and other innovative and offsite manufactured systems. Learn more about BLP's consultancy services...
Wouldn't it be nice...
- To have a single point of reference for remedying defects?
- To do away with registration and membership fees?
- Not to provide large sums in security for long periods?
- Not to have a two-year defects liability period when someone has signed off your project and you've paid for cover?
- For your homebuyers to know that they can make a direct claim to the insurer, in the unlikely event of a structural defect?
- To do away with long delays in getting an agreed recovery for a defective build?
You do have an alternative. Contact us to find out more:
BLP fact file
- Insured over £6.62bn of construction in 2017
- Market exclusive policies underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE, an AA rated global insurer
- First party insurance cover means only proof of damage is required for claims, not proof of liability
- Providing construction insurance since 1989, trading as Building LifePlans (BLP) since 1999
- Unrivalled corporate knowledge and expertise in construction risk management and performance in use of buildings
- Market leading levels of cover for single structures: commercial, residential or mixed use