- 'The role of sensors and data in the built environment' (White Paper)
- 'Structural defects can leave homeowners without insurance out of pocket' - PBC Today
- 'Drivers for sustainability in construction & the urban environment' (White Paper)
- 'UK housebuilding remains buoyant but...' - Builder & Engineer
- 'The burning platform for construction' (White Paper)
- 'The fourth industrial revolution and the built environment' (White Paper)
- Quantity vs quality. Why not have both? - Planning & Building Control Today
- Homeowners Alliance Survey 2016 – Housing crisis not meeting the needs of the last time buyer - Today's Conveyancer
- Summer - Lovin That Architectural Thing - This Week in FM.com
- More people in UK want to buy a home but ownership levels are falling - Property Wire
We provide housing warranty / commercial latent defects insurance. We also offer life cycle and durability design assessments for offsite construction.
BLP (Building LifePlans Ltd), part of the Thomas Miller Group, has been providing building defects insurance since 1999.
Our policies are underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, an AA rated global insurer, and are underpinned by an independent technical appraisal aimed at minimising defects right from the design stage.
Our housing warranty insurance product is a compelling alternative to the 'traditional' 10 year new home warranty solutions. Our cover has a one off cost so the builder/developer does not need to provide an annual membership fee, additional security and financial bonds. Learn more about BLP's housing warranty insurance...
Our commercial latent defects insurance product is the most comprehensive in the market: M&E cover, Component Failure, Loss of Rent and financial limits to match the exposure. All aimed to protect the investment with a single policy from one of the world's largest insurance groups. Learn more about BLP's commercial latent defects insurance...
BLP is also a leading resource for ‘whole life cost’ methodology in UK residential construction, and offers durability and maintenance assessments to facilitate the adoption of innovative and offsite manufactured systems. Learn more about BLP's consultancy services...
Wouldn't it be nice...
- To have a single point of reference for remedying defects?
- To do away with registration and membership fees?
- Not to provide large sums in security for long periods?
- Not to have a two-year defects liability period when someone has signed off your project and you've paid for cover?
- For your homebuyers to know that they can make a direct claim to the insurer, in the unlikely event of a structural defect?
- To do away with long delays in getting an agreed recovery for a defective build?
You do have an alternative. Contact us to find out more:
BLP fact file
- Insured over £4.1bn of construction in 2016
- Market exclusive policies underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE, an AA rated global insurer
- First party insurance cover means only proof of damage is required for claims, not proof of liability
- Providing construction insurance since 1989, trading as Building LifePlans (BLP) since 1999
- Unrivalled corporate knowledge and expertise in construction risk management and performance in use of buildings
- Market leading levels of cover for single structures: commercial, residential or mixed use
'The role of sensors and data in the built environment' - Ageing and inadequate infrastructure, which fails to meet our society’s changing demographics and lifestyle needs presents an increasing challenge for the future of our UK cities. View the White Paper.