- BLP now offers latent defects insurance in the Republic of Ireland
- 'Quality homes must be at the forefront of the government's housing plans' - Planning & Building Control Today
- 'Millions put off moving home in the UK because of Brexit, poll shows' - Property Wire
- House hunters get Brexit jitters
- 'The role of sensors and data in the built environment' (White Paper)
- 'Structural defects can leave homeowners without insurance out of pocket' - PBC Today
- 'Drivers for sustainability in construction & the urban environment' (White Paper)
- 'UK housebuilding remains buoyant but...' - Builder & Engineer
- 'The burning platform for construction' (White Paper)
- 'The fourth industrial revolution and the built environment' (White Paper)
A builder's or developer’s reputation is clearly important when considering the quality of a property. Beyond that a buyer will want a reliable safety net. BLP provides housing warranty insurance for the structure and, in some circumstances, for the non-structural elements of a property.
We provide peace of mind and protect your investment from the risk of undiscovered defects, because:
- Our insurance policies are backed by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE - an AA rated global insurer
- We will have properly assessed the build project from design through to workmanship on site, to help minimise the chance of future defects
- If a defect does arise you won't have to prove who is to blame, just that there is a defect - and then contact us with the details. Find out more about claims.
Added protection: The BLP Code
BLP has established a 'Code' to ensure that best practice is followed in respect of the marketing, selling and purchasing of homes and the after sale customer care service which would include the rectification of snagging. The application of the Code requirements will ensure transparency during this process.
The BLP Code applies to new build homes where a BLP insurance policy has been issued after 1st June 2015. The Code established mandatory requirements that apply to all house builders who purchase and provide a BLP insurance policy for a new build home intended for sale.
Please use the links below for full details.
BLP Homeowner Guide - incorporating the BLP Code and Dispute Resolution Scheme