- Swan Housing Group awarded BOPAS accreditation - Housebuilder & Developer
- Swan Housing Group awarded BOPAS accreditation
- 82% of UK adults support government plans for estate agent regulation - Inside Conveyancing
- Homeowner survey reveals 82% of adults support plans for estate agent regulation - PBC Today
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
- BLP Insurance joins forces with the Consumer Code for New Homes
- Modern Methods of Construction and new ‘players’ critical to solving UK housing shortages – Mortgage Solutions
- London's housing crisis: Is 'smart construction' the answer? Mortgage Finance Gazette
- Quality is key to build-to-rent housing impact - Inside Housing
- Banks offering alternatives to try and get millennials on the housing ladder - Property & Development magazine
A builder's or developer’s reputation is clearly important when considering the quality of a property. Beyond that a buyer will want a reliable safety net. BLP provides housing warranty insurance for the structure and, in some circumstances, for the non-structural elements of a property.
We provide peace of mind and protect your investment from the risk of undiscovered defects, because:
- Our insurance policies are backed by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE - an AA rated global insurer
- We will have properly assessed the build project from design through to workmanship on site, to help minimise the chance of future defects
- If a defect does arise you won't have to prove who is to blame, just that there is a defect - and then contact us with the details. Find out more about claims.
NEWS: BLP Insurance joins forces with the Consumer Code for New Homes
A number of Consumer Codes have been made available to new home buyers over the last two years. It was always BLP’s view that an industry wide Code to support best practice and improved consumer protection was the optimum approach within the construction industry. Home buyers require clarity and transparency in the sales and post sales process, and should things go wrong they also need access to an effective low cost dispute resolution process. We are pleased therefore to announce that BLP is joining the Consumer Code for New Homes (CCNH) that provides a unified approach for the developer and consumer from five warranty providers.
The objective of the BLP Code for the Sale of New Homes, which BLP launched in 2015, and that of the CCNH Code are closely aligned. Both Codes are approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute and establish mandatory standards for the marketing, selling and purchasing of new homes by registered developers. Those warranty providers signed up with CCNH have a genuine commitment to consumers, improving standards of construction and raising customer service standards in the new homes market together with offering customers a clear complaints process to resolve any issues.
Added protection: The BLP Code
BLP has established a 'Code' to ensure that best practice is followed in respect of the marketing, selling and purchasing of homes and the after sale customer care service which would include the rectification of snagging. The application of the Code requirements will ensure transparency during this process.
The BLP Code applies to new build homes where a BLP insurance policy has been quoted after 1st June 2015. The Code established mandatory requirements that apply to all house builders who purchase and provide a BLP insurance policy for a new build home intended for sale.
Please use the links below for full details.
BLP Homeowner Guide - incorporating the BLP Code and Dispute Resolution Scheme