- BLP Insurance joins forces with the Consumer Code for New Homes
- Modern Methods of Construction and new ‘players’ critical to solving UK housing shortages – Mortgage Solutions
- London's housing crisis: Is 'smart construction' the answer? Mortgage Finance Gazette
- Quality is key to build-to-rent housing impact - Inside Housing
- Banks offering alternatives to try and get millennials on the housing ladder - Property & Development magazine
- 'General Election result - where now for construction?' - PBC Today
- 'People giving up on dream of homeownership' - UK Construction Online
- Over 250,000 have given up on the dream of homeownership
- BLP now offers latent defects insurance in the Republic of Ireland
- 'Quality homes must be at the forefront of the government's housing plans' - Planning & Building Control Today
Things aren’t what they used to be...now, a latent defects product that does what it says on the tin.
Some very significant new commercial developments are currently being supported by the BLPAsset product. With a wording that’s been road-tested with a number of construction law practices, and pricing that now makes this solution economically sensible, this is a very valuable tool in the armoury of lawyers looking to protect their clients from defects and the associated risks with new build or major refurbishment contracts.
- Cover can be arranged on behalf of the developer, contractor, owner/landlord, funder or tenant and their future assigns; actually, all of these parties can be covered under a single policy
- The BLP product uniquely covers the structure, M&E services and components in commercial developments with one insurer, including those projects which have a residential element
- The policy survives the replacement or insolvency of a contractor
- Proof of fault is not required; the policy responds to proof of a defect, and does not depend on the stance of related PI insurers
- An independent technical review is carried out during construction
- Full value cover is available, far outstripping the contingent recoveries under warranties and PI cover limits.
- Optional extensions include loss of rental arising from a defect.
BLP is an insurance company which, in our experience, takes a “can do” approach to client problems and looks for ways to help with projects that don’t necessarily fit the mould.