SIG Offsite Roundtable Event
- Location: SIG plc, London
- Date: 02/10/2017
- Time: 10:30 - 14:00
This networking session will debate the challenges and opportunities presented by the groundswell of interest in the offsite manufacturing and offsite construction technologies and solutions. Jeff Maxted, BLP's Director of Technical Consultancy, will be attending.
The session will debate:
• What is needed most to ensure that Offsite techniques are adopted by clients/architects/contractors in greater volume?
• Is Offsite fulfilling its potential to address the skills crisis or have we just shifted the problem upstream?
• Is greater Government involvement with Policy/Legislation needed to drive and accelerate Offsite uptake?
• What can the offsite manufacturing industry do now to lay the foundations for greater uptake of Offsite techniques in the future?
• What does the Offsite industry and in particular the volumetric modular sector within it need to do to educate clients on Offsite techniques?
• Will Offsite activity solve the housing crisis?